Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saying Yes Equals a Tired Mom but Happy Children.

I must say that I am not shocked, in the least by the little experiment.  We have done more in the last week than we have done in the last month.  We've been to the beach twice, 5 different parks, the library, grandma's house several times, the other grandma's house once.  We have basically been outside for the majority of the daylight hours.  My 'get out of bed' time has moved from 9:00am to somewhere between 7:00-7:45am.  My house is trashed, dishes and laundry behind, but these are some seriously happy children sitting here. 



Audge at our Picnic Lunch

When they are not bored, they are not in my ears.  Don't get me wrong, I love hearing my children talk, but the, "Mom, mom. MOMMA. Mom, mommy, Ma. Ma. Ma..." gets old REAL quick, especially when it is in surround sound! 


Does it get any better than this?

Bubbles for hours!



Moving forward, I will not say yes to their every idea, as I did this week.  I will, however, make a serious effort to less of a lazy parent.  End of story.  I'm totally pooped out and they are happy, but because they are happy, so am I. 




No comments:

Post a Comment