Friday, August 12, 2011

Homemade Rice Milk- YES!

Just to tag off of my last post, the rice milk is complete.  I made one quart plain (only the recommended salt added), one quart vanilla (added 1/2tsp. pure vanilla) and one quart maple (1T. real maple syrup).  There was enough rice sludge left over to make another quart, but I decided to play around with making a smoothie.  It wasn't great.  I added some raspberry preserves in attempts of making a flavored milk first.  Meh.  Then I went from a fruit milk by added about 1/2c. fresh blueberries.  Geh.  I then added some sweetener and LOTS of ice.  Not to shabby.  I won't make the smoothie again.  I'm sure an additional quart of vanilla (C1&2's prefered rice milk variety) would go much further than this kind of creamy, not quite fruity or sweet enough frozen concoction.  Just sayin'.

Oh, and this is going to save us loads of dough!  That's always nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment